In addition to our monthly general meetings, our club has many Interest and Volunteer groups that provide opportunities to share our knowledge and friendship. With more than 25 areas of interest, our members have fun…learn…and help out in our community.
Groups meet in members’ homes, theatres, restaurants, parks or have arranged tours to local places of interest. Each group has a Convenor, but individual meetings or outings are organized by volunteers from the groups. Depending on the activity additional fees may apply. Payment of your annual membership fee entitles a member to join the Interest or Volunteer groups. Some groups have limited space, however, members are encouraged to start a new group at any time with the guidance of the Interest Groups Coordinator.
Learn more about the individual Interest Groups by clicking on the different topics:
- Dining for Gourmet Groups and Breakfast Club.
- Reading for Book Clubs, Book Commentaries or Revolving Books.
- Learning for Fibre Arts Appreciation, Investment Group or Day Trippers.
- Playing for Bridge Clubs, Games Night, Golf, Lively Arts, Movie Night and Walk and Talk.
- Volunteering for areas that support our club and our community like our annual House & Garden Tour fundraiser, Advocacy Committee, Adopt-a-Road, Hygiene Kits (United Way), Chit Chat with Newcomers, Knocker Knitters, Silent Auction, Charitable Fund Committee, the Executive Committee and Other Club Committees.
If you are interested in joining an existing Interest Group, please contact the convenor. If you want to start up an Interest Group or want more information, please contact Laura Thiessen, Interest Groups Coordinator.