Spring has truly arrived! Flowers have been planted, and warmer weather is upon us. Even the trees are budding! What more could we ask for?
As this marks our final newsletter for the year, we are delighted to review our achievements:
At our AGM on April 11:
- A new roster of officers was approved, though a few positions remain vacant.
- The 2023-2024 budget was approved, raising our membership fees to $125.00.
- A new three-year plan for the Charitable Fund was accepted.
Also this year:
- Our newsletters, website, and social media have kept everyone well-informed throughout the year.
- The Advocacy Committee has actively communicated concerns to School Boards, City, and Regional Councils.
- Membership experienced an increase with several new additions this year.
- CFUW St. Catharines participated in the Southern Ontario clubs’ information exchanges.
- We engaged in Graduate Women International activities.
- The introduction of the Makers Market proved successful; we plan to continue it next year.
- Members appreciated shorter business portions during General Meetings, allowing more time to socialize.
- The Focus Group sessions demonstrated that newer members support the Club’s direction.
Our last meeting of the year will be held at St. John’s Ukrainian Church Hall on Lakeshore Road on May 9. Dinner will begin at 6 pm with a cost of $35.00. Secure your tickets before May 2. Tickets will not be available at the door.
Don’t forget to SAVE THE DATE! Our House and Garden Tour is on May 28 from 12 pm to 5 pm. Get your ticket on Eventbrite soon.