Effective Wednesday April 7th, if you were born in 1961 or earlier, the Provincial online portal & call centre is open for registration for a Covid-19 vaccination appointment. In addition, many pharmacies and physicians across Niagara also have vaccine doses for customers/patients 55+ and will be calling them to book appointments. For some pharmacies, you can pre-register on their website.
Below are the details on how to register using the Provincial online portal:
- Click here for the Ontario website
- Call centre phone # is 1-888-999-6488 open 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. every day
- You will need information from both the front & back of your green health card, birth date, Postal Code and email address and cell number (with texting capabilities). You may need access to a printer.
- If you only have a red & white health card, you must phone to book.
- You can register for any clinic in the region. Click to see list of clinic locations & dates/times they will be open or visit the Niagara Region Public Health website.
- Niagara residents taking transit for COVID-19 vaccination clinics will be able to travel for free to any Public Health Vaccination Clinic and to pharmacies and doctor’s offices for inoculations as they become available. Accessible shuttles will be available from Brock Transit Hub to the clinic. Riders will need to show proof of their appointment when boarding and proof of vaccination on return trips. Users will also be required to wear a mask on the bus. Information about bus schedules can be found at yourbus.com or by calling 905-687-5555.
- For your appointment:
– Wear a mask
– Bring your Ontario Health Card.
– Bring your booking confirmation number or QR code from the provincial booking portal, preferably a printed version.
– Have something to eat to prevent feeling faint while receiving the vaccine.
– Be sure to wear a comfortable shirt which is loose along the arms (so you can receive a vaccination in the upper arm).
– Arrive no more than five minutes prior to your appointment time.
CFUW St Catharines Ad Hoc committee continues to ensure that all our senior members who wish to receive their Covid-19 vaccination do not miss the opportunity. If you were born in 1946 or earlier and think that you may need assistance with any of the following, please send an email to email@example.com and we will contact you with further details.
- Assistance with knowing when the vaccine is available to the over 80’s
- Assistance with registering for the vaccine
- Assistance with knowing where to go to be given the vaccination
- Assistance with arranging transportation to/from an appointment for a vaccination
Depending on the success with our over 80 members, we will consider expanding our mandate to other age groups in the future. Watch for updates on this page.
CFUW St Catharines Vaccination Support
Ad Hoc Committee
Susan Middleton – Chair
Carol Dueck – member
Kathy Pagonis – member
Pat Paulin – member