Plenty of positive things to which members have contributed in our CFUW St. Catharines Club have certainly helped to chase away the January blues, as noted in the following updates:
- Thank you to all who participated in the information session, discussion and vote on the Syrian Refugees Sponsorship Project. Denise Bradden & the Social Action Committee are wished success with the project. For more information on the January 12 discussion, please see the minutes and attachments with this newsletter.
- Our beautiful & functional new website is about to be launched! Thanks to Pat Paulin for executing this exciting project. We are grateful to Elma Kimpel for all of the wonderful Club photographs, and to the Privacy Committee for initiating Club policies & guidelines for collection & use of personal information.
- Secure Club information storage has begun on Google Drive thanks to Pat Paulin, Martha Abra and others.
- Heartfelt thanks go to Pat Paulin, Marg Thibeault and the Silent Auction Committee who raised $5100 for Club Charitable Funds.
- The Executive reviewed the 2016-17 budget recommendations from Club Treasurer, and Charitable Fund Executive recommendations for awards & grants. Changes to the draft Constitution and Bylaws, for the most part to coincide with CFUW National’s membership category revisions were discussed. This work was completed so the documents can be circulated in the March newsletter for members to vote on at the April AGM. A draft Gift Acceptance Policy and an Operational Summary were presented by the Charitable Fund Chair. For their considerable work in creating these Club business plans, thanks go to Susan Hughes, Martha Abra, Helen Staal, Carrie Kelly and the Charitable Fund and Club Executive members, respectively.
- Many opportunities exist for members to make a difference in Club outcomes: sign up for stimulating discussion of Resolutions; help with the House Tour which has a super lineup of homes; support the amazing plans for the AGM in June; and / or volunteer to be part of the 2016-17 Executive team. Thanks also to our new members who have jumped in to participate in a lot of Club activities!
Marilyn Wallace, CFUW St. Catharines President 2015-16